ETRAIN ANYTIME WEBINAR PURCHASING REQUEST
You are registering for an audio/visual presentation archived for your convenience.
We are offering a variety of archived presentations for your convenience. Simply complete the registration information below and submit, and you
will receive a link to this exciting presentation. Add more value to the information you are receiving by sharing this audio/video
event with all of your team members.
Please make sure all of your information is complete and accurate. You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that your registration has successfully been submitted. Your archive will be sent to the email address provided within two (2) business days from the date it was ordered. Your program's link and handout will be included in your confirmation letter. You may view the program as many times as you want within 60 days of receiving the archive link.
Thank you for signing up for one of our informative audio/visual webinar
Make sure you select the correct presentation you plan on receiving!
eTrain: Advanced Check Issues to Prevent Losses & Provide Service
If you attended the June 8th eTrain webinar “What Every Teller Must Know about Checks for Payment & Deposit” and would like a more in-depth look at check payment issues, this program is for you!
This program is critical for credit unions that want to complete their understanding of check and e-payment systems issues. It will address any advanced check issue you’d like to raise in order to help your credit union in its roles a payor, depositary and drawer institution provide excellent service, and prevent and recover on hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential check losses.
Specifically this program will discuss a number of the following check issues:
- The Depositary credit union’s ability to recover losses on all dishonored checks from members and non-members.
- The Payor credit union’s ability to shift fraud losses to member-drawers.
- Understanding the consequences of the late return rule for your credit union as both a payor and depositary credit union under both Federal and state law.
- The pros and cons of the preauthorized checks warranty changes for your credit union as both a payor and depositary credit union.
- All major timelines for all nonpayment and fraud issues for your credit union as both a payor and depositary credit union.
- All major types of endorsements their effect on your credit union as both payor and depositary credit union.
- The key insight about substitute checks and the major fraud loss flaw issue that can result from substitute checks.
- Common myths about dates on checks and nonpayment notice requirements (and paying and taking for deposit stale dated and postdated checks).
- Critical insights into overdraft/courtesy pay program issues and requirements.
- The realities (and myths) of remote deposit capture.
- The Key reason for and use of the Holder in Due Course rule (that helps your credit union recover nonpayment check losses).
- Loss prevention on payment of checks over members’ stop payment orders.
- The Key difference between the presentment and transfer warranties and how they affect your credit union as both payor and depositary credit union.
- How to confirm holder status by member-depositors on checks offered for deposit.
- How to confirm holder status by member and non-member presenters of checks offered for payment.
- Your credit union’s key rights when member-depositors want to deposit checks.
- Your credit union’s key rights when member and non-members present checks for payment.
This program is critical for innovative credit unions that want to complete their understanding of check and e-payment system issues, and will help you understand many of the implications for upcoming Reg CC changes. Bring your check issue questions to this program, and we’ll answer them.
If you want to provide excellent service to your members and prevent and recover on check losses, you need to attend this program!
Who Should Attend?
Credit union employees who deal with members on checks issues, and/or whose work includes dealing members’ checks or the credit unions’ cashier’s or teller’s checks, including:
- Operations Managers
- Member Service Representative
- Branch Managers
Meet the presenter, Ty Parker:
Credit union professionals who create check processing policies and procedures or who handle checks, especially in these positions:
• Member Service
• New Accounts
Ty Parker is a nationally recognized attorney and speaker on financial institution operational and compliance topics, who over the last 30 years has taught compliance programs for 45 Credit Union Leagues, the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and numerous credit unions and financial institutions.
||Power Learner Passport - (click for details)
first class ticket to Internet training, eTrain is designed
just for credit unions. You and your staff dont even
have to leave your office; the training comes to you! An
Internet connection and a separate phone line is all you
eTrain Webinars are a convenient and cost effective way of bringing quality education to your credit union. The PowerPoint slides are delivered through the Internet, and the audio portion of the program is delivered through your computer or a separate phone line.
eTrains Webinar Series: Quality education brought
to your credit union at a low cost.
Want to know more about all the upcoming eTrain webinars?
Just call the League at (800) 472-1702, option 2.
ARCHIVED WEBINAR PURCHASING REQUEST
You are registering for an archived audio/visual presentation. Simply complete the registration information below and submit. Please make sure all of your information is complete and accurate. You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that your registration has successfully been submitted.
Your program’s link and handout will be emailed to the email address on your registration within two (2) business days after we receive your registration. You may view the archive as many times as you want for 60 days after you receive the program link.
Please remember that webinars are sold per Internet/phone connection. Unauthorized distribution of links and passwords may result in additional costs per connection.